During the International Film Festival Rotterdam, Hivos, together with the Hubert Bals Fund (HBF), is presenting an online film festival that you can attend no matter where you live. Just sit back and enjoy a five-course international feast of films from India, Guatemala, Iraq, Kenya and Indonesia.
Five days , five films
Hivos has been a partner of the Hubert Bals Fund (HBF) for many years. With the 25 year anniversary of HBF, the two join hands in presenting an exclusive online film series of classic HBF films from the past years. Five films (with English subtitles) will be shown for 24 hours each on the IFFR YouTube channel during the festival. These are films that have been made possible in part by the Hubert Bals Fund. From January 28 through February 1 , each film will be shown for a period of 24 hours, starting at 11.00 CET the first day until 11.00 CET the next day, at which time the following film on the programme will start.
• Tuesday, January 28: ‘Las Marimbas del Infierno’ from Guatemala
• Wednesday, January 29: ‘Ahlaam’ from Iraq
• Thursday, January 30: ‘Autumn’ from India
• Friday, January 31: ‘Something Necessary’ from Kenya
• Saturday, February 1: ‘Blind Pig Who Wants to Fly’ from Indonesia
So turn your phone off, relax and enjoy!